Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

She bit into a Raid Fly Strip, the sticky stuff is all over

Customer Question

She bit into a Raid Fly Strip, the sticky stuff is all over her hair
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jewel, 9 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jewel?
Customer: She yelped loadly when she made contact with it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

According to the MSDS page for this product: Unlikely due to physical form of this product. Ingestion may cause gastrointestinal upset with possible vomiting, cramps and diarrhea.

Luckily this will not harm Jewel. You can use a dawn liquid soap to get it out of her hair, rinse her mouth out thoroughly, and feed her a bland diet tonight of white rice and lean boiled meat to absorb any product that she did swallow.

Please monitor for the gi upset listed above and withdraw food/ water for 6-8 hours if seen. If vomiting is not subsiding please seek medical attention but I suspect with just biting it she should be just fine and no toxic effects are seen on their MSDS page (CLICK HERE)

Please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight. I am online another 15 minutes to answer additional questions

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!