Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Boxer ate approx 6 starburst with wrappers. She has thrown

Customer Question

boxer ate approx 6 starburst with wrappers. She has thrown up once wrappers were in vomit. She has dry heaved a few times..
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Pearl 1 1/2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pearl?
Customer: no she has been acting otherwise..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

A 1.5 year old Boxer should be able to pass any wrappers not vomited unaided. The Starburst ingredients aren't toxic to Pearl. Vomiting is nature's way to take care of such a dietary indiscretion and I would expect Pearl to normalize within the hour. Please let her stomach rest by not feeding her for at least 6 hours. Water should be left down unless drinking induces more vomiting at which time ice cubes for her to lick should replace her water. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. We actually gave bread, thinking it might help...we won't feed for a while and watch her. Thank you again!

No worries. You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?