Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Can you please resend me your response again so that I can

Customer Question

can you please resend me your response again so that I can print it and let me friend know what is happening with her dog thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Sure, there it is:

Friend, I am concern with the way he is peeing; in a male dog this suggest that he may have a stone blocking the outflow of urine in the urethra (tube connecting penis to bladder); this is an emergency, if goes untreated this can lead to bladder rupture or irreversible damage to the bladder. For this reason I would strongly recommend having him checked tonight by ER veterinarian. If he does have a stone ER vet will need to pass a catheter through his penis so that he can urinate.Could this be related to something else? Yes, other possible causes are: Prostate disease, urethritis, infections, etc. Unfortunately there is no way of distinguishing the above mentioned diseases without a hands on examination. For this reason it is important to rule out a stone blocking the outflow of urine. There is not much I can recommend for you to try at home that will have a significant therapeutic benefits.I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.