Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog ate Entederm. not the tube but licked all of the

Customer Question

My dog ate Entederm. not the tube but licked all of the cream out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Apollo. 1.5yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Apollo?
Customer: nope. I do have another dog in the house so it could have been my other pet. I'm assuming it was apollo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Apollo; my name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How big a tube? It comes in two sizes. How long ago?

He may get diarrhea from the oily base, or he may vomit. There is some steroid in the ointment, so you may see some excessive thirst for a few days. None of the ingredients are toxic according to my research.

Let me know if this helps, and what other questions you have.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
7.5 ML. He is a Australian shepherd around 36 lbs. We were out of the house but only gone for about an hour. Not sure when it was consumed.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Good, that is the small size tube. If he got it less than an hour ago, you could try to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide, but if you are not sure how long ago it happened, I would probaby not put him through that. If you want to, give him 1/2 tablespoon peroxide in some milk or ice cream.

Alternatively, you could get some activated charcoal (not plain charcoal) into him to absorb it. But this is not toxic; the most you will probably see is some diarrhea.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if this is helpful, and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote; I have not heard from you! Let me know if this was helpful and how Apollo is doing.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?