Dr. M. Brink
Dr. M. Brink, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) and BSc (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)

My dog is acting weird, he is 11 years old Lhasa apso. he

Customer Question

my dog is acting weird, he is 11 years old Lhasa apso. he started walking less, never running, he staggers some times, there appears to be weakness in back legs, I did notice a bite on him, I thought maybe he was bit by a spider or something, it was pus filled just looking for answers, it does seem like he is getting better (slowly)
though so I am not sure what it could be
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: not eating much he can go to the bathroom on his own though and can go up and down stairs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. M. Brink replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Brink. Welcome to Just Answer. How long have these symptoms been going on for? What is his name?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just started 2 days ago, his name is ***** ***** walked into his crate fine, came out walking slow head lowered and tail down
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I notice he licks his mouth a lot, he does drink water, eat a few bites of food then stops

Thank you for letting me know that information about Scrappy. These symptoms can be caused by a large number of different causes. Some of those include dental disease, pain, muscle trauma, back pain, and nausea. In this case, I worry that these symptoms are causing Scrappy to suffer. You should call your local veterinarian to get a physical exam done to start finding out that cause of these symptoms.

If you have any more questions about Scrappy, please let me know. If you are able to kindly rate, that is also appreciated. I wish you and Scrappy all the best. Take care!