Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

2 issues: He has a yucky eye discharge. Red and he is 7

Customer Question

2 issues:
He has a yucky eye discharge.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Red and he is 7 years old. He also gets a lot of ear infections. I had him tested for food allergies with biggest problem being Oats and then lamb, soy, potatoes and duck. He is also allergic to Penicillium, ragweed, lambs quarter and thistle.
JA: There are all sorts of infestations Red can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Red?
Customer: We also own his brother, named Blue (and they are white), who has no issues at all. They are both very, very loving and get depressed when any member of the family leaves for more than a few hours.
When will I hear back?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Red. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

This could be related to his allergies. Have you tried antihistamines? How much does he weigh so I could give you some dosages?

Have you considered Apoquel? It is a new, nonsteroid allergy medication you can get from your veterinarian. About 80% of dogs show improvement in the first few days.

For his eyes, you can try Terramycin eye ointment. It would be safe to use, has antibiotic and anti inflammatory properties, and you can get it over the counter in most states.

Let me know what other questions I can answer, and if this is helpful.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote; I have not heard from you! Let me know if this was helpful and how Red is doing.