How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- Your Own Question
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 85
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think he may have ingested a time release capsule of

Customer Question

I think he may have ingested a time release capsule of adderall
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I don't know how long ago I saw the pill opened on the floor when I got home from work what should I do
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Dog is 3 years old and is about 25lbs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, This can be quite a serious situation. What is the time frame in which your dog could have ingested the adderall? What is the mg? How many pills could your dog potentially have ingested? And how is he/she acting right now?- Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, the dog could have ingested anytime within the past 10 hours. it is 20mg, 1 single pill.He seems to be acting completely normally no changes in behavior i can see. Is there anything i can do to monitor or dilute any of the potential effects. I am guessing if he did consume the adderall it would have been several hours ago.
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, this would be a fairly significant amount of adderrall for a 25# ***** This is a 1.7 mg/kg dose for him, and we usually start to see mild signs at 0.7 mg/kg. I would recommend that you call ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center-(###) ###-#### ***** a case number ***** get him to your nearest emergency clinic. He will need to be admitted for intravenous fluids, multiple does of activated charcoal and symptomatic/supportive treatment. Hope this is helpful, and good luck to you and your dog!- Dr. C

Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?


Related Dog Veterinary Questions