PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Could have ingested transmission fluid became lethargic

Customer Question

could have ingested transmission fluid became lethargic wouldn't eat last night began drooling this morning had rubed in some kind of sticky fluid
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 2 or 3 year old cocker spaniel
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know if the cocker spaniel will be able to digest that. What is the cocker spaniel's name?
Customer: chabaca
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chalaza?
Customer: he is a rescued animal. He and another cocker were abanded in a park and my husband felt sorry for them and brought them home
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience. I am reviewing your question right now.

Petroleum products like transmission fluid are toxic to dogs and can cause death if the pet is not treated promptly after exposure.

I would recommend having him seen just as quickly as you can for an evaluation. If this is not something that can be done tonight, please take this opportunity to use dawn dish soap or a similar product and clean the sticky residue out of his coat so he cannot ingest any more of it. If he feels like eating tonight, give him a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice instead of his regular diet to entice him to eat and also keep the risk of an upset stomach to a minimum.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is Chabaca feeling today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy