Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

I have a 12 year old lab that has a growth on s right fore

Customer Question

I have a 12 year old lab that has a growth on his right fore arm. It is pink in color and quite moveable and warm to the touch. I am living on a very small income and wondering if there is some way to treat with out having surgery. He hates going to the vet and he panics terribly when he has to. Please help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

I want to be honest when we discuss lumps and bumps, they are not something that is treatable at home, because we need to find out if the are benign or malignant. In a 12 year old dog it is most important to have this looked at and have a biopsy done to find out what we are dealing with. My suggestion is to call ahead to the Vet and pick up soe medication prior to taking the dog in, to relieve anxiety. This will make it easier on you and Buster. The Vet will draw blood and do a Biopsy in the office and send the specimen out for the pathology. Once he/she gets the results back decision on treatment can be made. I know this is not what you would like to hear, but it is most important to get a hands on diagnosis and to have it treated accordingly.

If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Buster. How is everything going?