Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog is a 9 year old female who has not been spade. Sorry

Customer Question

My dog is a 9 year old female ***** ***** who has not been spade.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: Sorry I hit enter too soon
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She has a high white blood cell count in her urine. I have taken her o a local vet but am weighing out options. She has a stone in her bladder the oxadate type and has been licking herself like a bladder infection. The vet gave her an antibiotic shot, she also has a tooth he cleaned up but did have some pus.
JA: There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Reesi
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Reyes?
Customer: I'm worried about surgery if she has infection should this not be treated first
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Reesi today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you.

Has she passed a stone to have it analyzed? How do they know it is an oxalate stone?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.