PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

12 y/o Beagle with Thyroid carcinoma, invasive, 5 large

Customer Question

12 y/o Beagle with Thyroid carcinoma, invasive, 5 large pulmonary mets (up to 15cm). Weight 33.4 pounds. Takes Tramadol 25 mg q 8 hours. For breakthrough I'm using my oxycodone broken to 1.25mg. Second Palladia dose today. My vet has supported 3 of my dogs with Fentanyl patches in the past. I'm a RN with 44 years in ICU/Oncology. Now he has clammed up with all the public pressure and will not prescribe Fentanyl. Shame the dog suffers.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your beagle?
Customer: Hepatic and Renal function normal.
JA: What is the beagle's name?
Customer: Ginger
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Good morning, JACustomer.

I'm very sorry to hear this. It may be worth having a consultation performed by another veterinarian who might be more willing to prescribe this medication, perhaps someone that works in veterinary oncology. If you'd like me to look into this for you and see if I can find someone else for you to see who may have a vested interest in this speciality, please let me know. I will need your city, state and zip code.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy