Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

40 hours no poo. He has diabetes, weighs 18 lbs, is 10 yrs

Customer Question

40 hours no poo. He has diabetes, weighs 18 lbs, is 10 yrs old, and is blind and belongs to my brother. Don't think it is emotional, but of course this is possible.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the diabetes. What is the dog's name?
Customer: He is getting shots already. His name is Haz.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Haz?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has he been eating at all?

Is he straining like he needs to pass stool?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

What did his last stool look like? Hard, soft, diarrhea, etc?