PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog 9 years old still very healthy. Used to love now if

Customer Question

My dog 9 years old still very healthy. Used to love petting now if you try and pet her she will try and bite me. In every other why she is acting normal.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Jim. Thanks for your question.

If Sadie has not had a recent exam and some blood work performed, I would recommend it. Most often when we see a behavioral change, there is either an underlying medical disorder or the dogs are experiencing pain. In some cases, the dogs may not otherwise be exhibiting any signs of problems and this could be one of the first symptoms that we see. We'd want to rule out disorders like arthritis, degenerative joint disease, hypothyroidism, rocky mountain spotted fever, etc.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Good morning, JACustomer. Checking in. How is Sadie doing?