Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We moved 2 years ago. He had one ear that he was itching

Customer Question

we moved 2 years ago. He had one ear that he was itching back then. Since we moved he's scratching himself raw. I'm usually home with him all day. He
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Duke and he's my task trained service dog. I have neuopathy and arachnodsis. He 30" at withers and 80 pounds. I went out tonight to run errands and he's raw on his back. I sent a pic to hubby and he can't believe he can itch on the top of his back raw....His puppy 1 1/2 years is itching a little too. But I've searched everywhere and can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Duke?
Customer: t find a flea or flea dirt. I think I should bath him just to calm it down. My husband thinks that's crazy to do at midnight
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has this been going on?

Any pimples, pustules, scabs, sores, ulcers, dander, or crusting in the raw area?

When did you last treat for fleas? What did you use?

Any diet change in the 4-6 weeks before this started?

Is his puppy in direct contact with Duke?

Can you post the photo you took so that I can see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.