Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has a red ring around her private area and keeps

Customer Question

My dog has a red ring around her private area and keeps licking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: But I think she is pregnant
JA: We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: She had sex with a boy dog maybe 4 or 5 weeks ago and her stomach has been feeling firm so I thought she was pregnant all she does is sleep and today she wouldn't eat and threw up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has this been present?

Any crusting, scaling, pimples or pustules?

Has she had any issues passing urine? Dribbling, straining to pass small volumes, or changes to her urine?

Any pus or discharge from her vagina?

Do her nipples look prominent? Any mammary development?

Can you take a photo of these skin changes? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.