Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 16 year old miniature schnauzer that had a severe

Customer Question

I have a 16 year old miniature schnauzer that had a severe bladder infection about 3 months ago that was cleared up by his veterinarian dr. Young in Titusville Florida and they are closed today and I actually have a prescription that was prescribed to me for Keflex 500 milligrams and are researched on Google that veterinarians prescribe that to dogs for urinary tract infections bladder infections skin infections and other bacterial infections I am wondering my main question is what milligram should I give my dog and is it safe to give him the medication until he can get into his veterinarian on Monday I would greatly appreciate an answer ASAP because I found my dog in my kitchen when I came home and he had slipped on my kitchen floor and he has arthritis in his lower back and back legs and he urinated and slipped in it and could not get up and when I walked in the door I found him that way what should I do? Please I need help I greatly appreciate an answer as soon as possible I'm worried to death thank you my name is Jackie
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.

Hi Jackie. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Wisper's situation. Do you feel that he's been having an increased need to go outside prior to this? Has he been straining to go or showing signs like the last urinary tract infection. You didn't see him urinate on the floor or fall down? You just found him in that situation?