Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Possible 1 or 2 dogs ate 105 glipizide10mg, 8 months and

Customer Question

possible 1 or 2 dogs ate 105 glipizide10mg
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 8 months and 2yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about 8 Months?
Customer: thats 2 dogs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dogs getting glipizide. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long ago did this happen? How much do the dogs weigh?

If they got this less than an hour ago, it might be best to try to induce vomiting if you have any fresh and fizzy (out of date, or flat won't work) hydrogen peroxide. You give it with some milk or ice cream and it will usually induce vomiting in 5 minutes or so. I need to know what they weigh to give you a safe dose.

Glipizide could send the blood sugar dangerously low, and especially if these are small dogs, they may need to be monitored and given IV glucose until the glipizide wears off.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote! I will be going offline for a little while and back again soon so please let me know if I can answer anything else, and how big your dogs are.