Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

She ate a bag of Guinea pig vitamin c drops. She's 55 lbs.

Customer Question

She ate a bag of Guinea pig vitamin c drops. She's 55 lbs. Concerned if it will affect her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

We would not be overly worried here. While this cause some short term stomach upset, as this is a water soluble vitamin, her body will pass any excess in her urine. So we'd just need to keep an eye for the next 24 hours and if we see any stomach upset, then a light diet (ie chicken and rice) can be offered to soothe her stomach and keep her settled.

Please take care,

Dr. B

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please don’t forget to rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet