Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have a shizue dog about a year and 4 months old. Last

Customer Question

I have a shizue dog about a year and 4 months old. Last night she started coughing and got worse thur rhe night. She is eating and drinking but she is trying to get under chairs and stuff. She has not sleep all night
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.

This is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Has your dog been around any other dogs at all in the past 10 days? Has she passed other dogs on the street? Has she been to day care or a dog park? Or even just been aground any other dog at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have one other dog but they they have not been out of the house
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The only thing that has been diffrent is i got her a seresto collor for fleas and we had an exterminator come spray. But the the dogs were not here when he sprayed and we stayed gone for 2 hours to allow to dry
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.

Ok, then that makes an infectious cause much less likely especially if your other dog has no symptoms and that makes a collapsing trachea or even possibly a congenital heart disease(Rare)much more the reason. The most common reason would be collapsing trachea though that does not occur in this breed quite that often. One other possible reason would be allergic airway disease. With any of these you will have to see your vet and have chest xrays done to get at the cause. And I would do that sooner rather than later. Can I answer any other questions?

Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional