Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We just moved into am apartment that is infested with fleas.

Customer Question

We just moved into am apartment that is infested with fleas. We have bathed the dogs in vinegar/dish soap and tried continental, without much success. Went to very and got vectra, applied it Thursday evening. Today, there is blood in my dogs stool. Quite a bit of blood.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the flea's name and age?
Customer: My dog is Mayzie, she is 5.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Maisie?
Customer: No. She has been very healthy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question regarding your girl Mayzie who has some blood in her stool. It is unlikely this is related to the flea treatment. Has she had any different food or treats over the last couple of days? Could she have ingested some of the bath liquid you used to wash the dogs? Are the stools normal with blood around them? Or are they liquid with blood?

I will wait to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

Dr E