Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Ruby has a few lumps on the end of her back passage

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is common for some dogs to get small benign masses at this area and we often will not remove these unless they start growing larger. There is a chance that these may not be benign so it is good to have sweet Ruby checked by your vet and a biopsy done to be sure these are nothing serious. As long as these masses are not interfering with the defecation process, they can remain there but if they become larger, they can cause sweet Ruby discomfort and your vet will remove these prior to any problems.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****