Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Ear Hematomas what are the best natural healing methods? Do

Customer Question

For Dog Ear Hematomas what are the best natural healing methods? Do medicinal leeches work for such Hematomas and are they effective for maintsining overall canine health. If so, do you know any vets in CT who use them in their practices? Who are the best natural vets in CT?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The best natural techniques for healing a hematoma is to drain them daily with a small syringe and then wrap the ear with a banadge so it cannot fill up again. It will continue to fill up with serum but adhesions will begin to form to hold the 2 pieces of cartilage together. This will take time with this method but it will work. Leeches do nto work because this is not blood but serum that accumulates in this area.

I am not aware of any natural vets in your area but there are resources through your CT vet association to help.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am so sorry but due to my location, I cannot make phone calls that are reliable. I am happy to answer any other questions but other vets can call if you choose.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta