JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-
JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-,
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists
94585309

Mayfair Animal Hospital, Wauwatosa,, 9 year, black lab,

Customer Question

Mayfair Animal Hospital, Wauwatosa, Bailey, 9 year, black lab, digital rectal exam preformed and found mass in her rectum. 6-5-16. Dr. Christine Mallo doctor. Do you know what recovery would be? Also, have used in the past Lakeshore Vet Services, Glendale. WI. Do you know if they operate on this kind of thing or not? They have taken care of Bailey before and wonder if they refer or be able take care of this there?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I am so very sorry to hear of Bailey's rectal mass. I've looked up this hospital for you and was delighted to find that it is a specialty hospital with a wonderful reputation. I feel confident that that their surgery department can properly advise you of their comfort level in removing this mass. If they don't feel that they have a good chance at a positive outcome, they will tell you what all the other options are, and help you make an informed decision. Recovery is 10-14days typically, but is a bit riskier than other intestinal surgeries, as the rectum and colon don't heal as fast or as quickly at the rest of the gastrointestinal tract. Hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions! - Dr. C