Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Our Yorkie has crusty areas on her neck and back. I have

Customer Question

Our Yorkie has crusty areas on her neck and back. I have tried bathing her with oatmeal shampoo. The areas clear up a little, but reappear after a few days. Is there anything else I can do for her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 9 years old, but she has had this condition for several years. I have taken her to the vets and they have given her an antibiotic, which didn't work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sophie?
Customer: She has little moles scattered over her body, but they don't bother her.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here are some bumps on her neck.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did you receive my photo of Sophie?

Thank you but it's too out of focus to be diagnostic. Can you try again, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the focused picture of the bumps on Sophie's neck.

I'm sorry, the photo is still too blurry to be diagnostic.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am surprised that you can't tell me what is wrong with Sophie, with all of the information I have provided for you. I will not be paying the extra $28.00 to talk to you. This would be a good service, if additional fees were not required for each step! Hopefully, you will take this into consideration and make appropriate changes to this program.

The last thing you want is for me to guess what those bumps represent. I'll opt out which will give another expert the opportunity to enter this conversation. Please don't respond to me as that will dissuade others from entering this conversation.

Expert:  Christi Belew replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with extensive experience with dogs and cats. I was reviewing your request and had a few questions for you.

1. Does Sophie itch at these bumps?

2. Does she itch or scratch anywhere else?

3. How frequently do they occur?

4. Any other medications tried besides an antibiotic?

I look forward to your answers to better assess what is going on with Sophie.