Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog continues to lick s front legs (the area like a

Customer Question

My dog continues to lick his front legs (the area like a person's elbow) regardless of the inflatable collar I keep on him. He licks til it is raw, then, after a scab forms, licks again. He is able to get around the collar. What should I do? What medication should I put on the areas?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question. Can you send me a picture of Wellie in his collar where I can see what type of collar is used and where he's also licking his legs? I'd like to get an idea on how to best advise you from here on prevention.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How can I send a photo to you? And the area is on both front legs, on the back side, much like our elbows are on the back side of our arms.

There's a paperclip attachment function on this page near the chat box. You can also upload it online to a site like tinypic.com and then share the link back.

I'll be near my computer this evening, so once its posted I should be able to offer more insight rapidly.

Checking in. The photo never made it, if you were able to attach it. Can you repost?