Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

He won't drink much water at home also will not per at night

Customer Question

He won't drink much water at home also will not per at night or first thing in the morning
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: He will not drink much water at home and will not per at night or gritting in the morning
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: He is not hurting will not go out for a per at night or first thing in the morning and will not drink much at home!
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rocky is4yers old
JA: How old is Rocky?
Customer: 4 years old!
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rocky?
Customer: He is themed from Avery caring family from the be able welfare he has only been like this fora flew weeks!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and I would like to assist you.

Is the problem the dog is not Urinating as mush as you feel he should?

What breed is Rocky?

Is he eating normally?

Are his gums moist or dry?

Is he lethargic or active?

Joan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Rocky is a Beagle.
He is eating normally.
His gums are moist.
Rocky is active and loves his walksAnn
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

With a situation like this we can increase fluid intake by adding a little low sodium broth to some water to get the dog drinking more. You can also add some a good quality canned dog food to the diet, or some water into the Dry kibble. Since his gums are moist and he is eating and drinking normally. I do not see a lot of concern. I would try the adding chicken broth, adding water to to the kibble or the good quality moist food. These methods should help with fluid intake therefore possibly increasing urination and putting him on track.

Joan