Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Well she has loss a lil weight, she cant stand on her back

Customer Question

Well she has loss a lil weight, she cant stand long on her back legs, she threw up a lil blood, shes depress, and she has cole covering her eyes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She 7 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: +
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

How much blood did she bring up? A spoonful, cupful, more or less?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
About 2 weeks worsening, she does like eating grass , she's breathing fast too,her gums are alil pale, loss of appetite , haven't seen her drink any water , she likes her belly rub so no discomfort there, just a small specks of blood in her vomit. And lots of mucus in her eyes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she is drinking water now
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you,

Now I have to say that I am quite worried about your lass.

Her elevated breathing rate and pale gums raise serious worries of a possible anemia, heart or lung issues. In all cases, if she can barely take in enough oxygen at rest, she will struggle to move/walk and won't have a break to spare to even eat. Furthermore, if she has paling and is passing blood in her vomit, this does make the anemia our main worry and we'd have to be concerned about a potential stomach ulcer, trauma or tumor. Just to note, they purulent eye discharge will just be a secondary infection and a minor issue

With this in mind and with how collapsed she sounds, I do have to warn you that we need to tread with care. We would be best to have her seen since we'd be worried that there is active bleeding present. Her vet can determine if this is the case and support her with oxygen, IV fluids (possibly even a blood transfusion if severe), and gastroprotectants. If there is a perforation of near one, then surgery may even be necessary. So, we'd really need her seen to give her the best chance of stabilizing and recovering from this.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or via

http://www.veccs.org/index.php?option=com_hospitals&nationid=1&Itemid=193

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )