Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog is thirteen he has been throwing up after eating at

Customer Question

My dog is thirteen he has been throwing up after eating at night, but has been fine elsewise. Tonight he is panting a lot shaking and just not his self he seems depressed. He moves around slowly and has been bidding all day.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Well, I moved and just separated from my wife. I bought the wrong mix of food it is the same brand of what he has been eating but a different formula. Tonight I bought the correct food and he refuses to eat. Were I live there are no vets open at this time of day. This is like my son being sick, I don't know what to do.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He is also drooling a lot. He ushally doesn't drool much. There is a stinky order coming off his breath.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hank.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

What does the vomit look like? Is it right after he eats or overnight?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Has he had any diarrhea?