Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital

He is shaking and not moving much, Noah and he is 6, Not

Customer Question

He is shaking and not moving much
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Noah and he is 6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Noah?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. KV. I am here to help with Noah. Is he alert? Do you know if he ate something toxic or did he hurt himself?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is very tired. I know he got into the trash and ate some Chinese food out of the garbage but I don't think he ate anything toxic.

Ok, rotten food can cause severe upset stomach issues, even when it is not actually toxic. Dogs can get disoriented and almost apppear "drunk" if they have eaten rotten food. It sounds like Noah is not feeling well. Has he vomited?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He hasn't committed but his poop is runny.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Ok, thank you for the additional information. It would be a good idea to take him to your vet if he continues to shake and not move...this could be a sign that the garbage is making him feel very bad. We also cannot be certain he did not eat something that could be causing an intestinal obstruction. Your vet will also be able to give him medications to settle his stomach and treat the diarrhea.

Please feel free to reach out if I can offer any further assistance.

With appreciation,

Dr. KV