Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She is 9, she has random seizures during her sleep. 2 to 3

Customer Question

She is 9, she has random seizures during her sleep. 2 to 3 times a month. Spread out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tt
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about TT?
Customer: No, she's always been pretty healthy. She's a bit overweight, but that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about these situations with Tt. What I'd recommend here is videoing these seizures that she's having during her sleep and letting your vet view them. If they truly are seizures happening, then if she's having them 2 to 3 times a month, she would be one that I would recommend starting on anti-seizure medication to get them to be less frequent.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We had the vet check her blood and everything and he said everything was perfect. This is why I'm not understanding. Do dogs just have seizures with age?

Dogs can have seizures as they get older. That is great that she's was normal on that physical exam and her blood work. That is what is hoped for! Epilepsy or a brain tumor can look very similar to this. Being able to see what you're seeing is going to be key here. Have a smart phone ready to take a few videos of what she's doing as there is the possibility that she's not having seizure and it is random motion due to dreaming of sorts.