Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My puppy French bulldog may have eaten 3-5 grapes from the

Customer Question

my puppy French bulldog may have eaten 3-5 grapes from the floor.That was 5 minutes ago, shall I do anything?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if French Bulldog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about French Bulldog?
Customer: Nothin else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does your puppy weigh?

2- Age?

3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1)8kg
2)0-6 months
3)no

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, grape toxicity in dogs is very dependent on the amount consumed. The lowest toxic dose reported is 0.7 oz/kg. This means that an 8 kg dog would need to ingest at least 5.6 oz of grapes to be concern about toxicity. 3-5 grapes will not be life threatening for your dog, at worst she/he may develop mild gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting or diarrhea.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter