Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My nine yr old lab has just had a malignant tumour removed

Customer Question

My nine yr old lab has just had a malignant tumour removed (pancreatic) and her stomach appears to have gone black , she appears to be in no pain and eating and drinking well, would this be caused by trauma?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Millie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Millie?
Customer: It all started with a lump appearing under her arm pit (front) then another two at the back of her neck which went down with anti biopics. She was then scanned and this was when they found the tumour just outside the pancreas
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago was the surgery?

Is the discoloration part of the skin or raised? Is it around the incision specifically?

Is her skin irritated at all or is she itchy?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.