Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
This is Dr. KV. How large was the wrapper for the chocolate? Are you sure that your dog did not eat anything else (was it just one chocolate)?
Ok, great. Thank you for the additional information. He may have an upset stomach from the caramel, but the wrapper piece is small enough to pass without difficulty. To be safe, I recommend feeding a bland diet for dogs who have eaten anything rich, fatty, or sugary. Also, keep an eye out for vomiting and diarrhea over the next couple days.
Ha! That is very true! He is lucky that you were able to grab most of the "treat" as he would probably be feeling worse if he ate the whole thing.
Please feel free to reach out if I can assist you further.
Please take a moment to provide a postive rating if you were pleased with the info provided, as I am only compensated for positive ratings. Thank you very much.