Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

He ate anot entire bottle of garcinia cambogia capsules,. He

Customer Question

He ate anot entire bottle of garcinia cambogia capsules
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bruce. He weighs 68 pounds and is a 5 and a half year old German Short-haired Pointer
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bruce?
Customer: He is healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Please don't be alarmed. Toxicology studies resulted in no toxicity or deaths in animals at dosages of hydroxycitric acid (Garcinia Cambogia) at 5,000 mg/kg, equivalent to 350 g or 233 times the maximum dosage of 1.5 g/day of hydroxycitric acid.

Bruce might experience a bit of gastrointestinal distress after eating something so unfamiliar to him but toxicity isn't expected. There's no need to induce emesis.

Please let me know any additional questions I can assist with today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.