Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

She is shaking her head like her ear is bothering her I

Customer Question

she is shaking her head like her ear is bothering her I cannot see anything but she does cry out if I mess with her ear too much
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bindi she is 3 King Charles Cavalier Spaniel
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about King Charles Cavalier?
Customer: She is spade and about 5 pounds overweight
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. This sounds like your poor Bindi is dealing with an early stage ear infection. When you look in an ear you can see only about 40%. The rest of the ear makes an L shape bend and starts traveling toward the head. When you mess with the ear enough it does start to hurt closer to the head which is when she resists. I strongly recommend a vet look in the ear and down to the ear drum. If we start putting cleaners, and alcohol etc in the ear and the ear drum has a problem... we can cause permanent deafness. Right now Avoid looking in her ear further which is clearly causing discomfort. In the morning it's important to set up an appt with her vet. He/she can look down the ear canal and then determine if medications are needed or just at home ear cleanings. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. If it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan