Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has hard time breating, what can i give m at night to

Customer Question

he has hard time breating
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: what can i give him at night to release to help calm down and breath better
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Armani, 12
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Armani?
Customer: he has allergies. i gave benadryl and he was taking cafpodoime 300mg
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I first need to know why Armani is having a hard time breathing and what a "hard time breathing" implies. Does he sound like his nose is stuffy? Does he have nasal discharge? Is he breathing with his abdominal muscles which usually indicates a lower respiratory disorder rather than a nose problem? Is his respiratory rate increased over 30 breaths per minute while asleep or at rest? Is he sneezing or coughing? Has he responded to Benadryl? Why has an antibiotic been prescribed? Have X-rays of his chest been performed? So many questions, I know...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I took him to emergency they suggested to put him asleep saying his lungs are all bad. So he is not with me anymore. I wish I got your response sooner

My condolences for your loss of Armani. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.