Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

Acting hyper vigilant. Not easily distracted usually Ate

Customer Question

Acting hyper vigilant. Not easily distracted usually Ate blue cheese today which he got into on accident
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Charley. Shibe Inu. Age 4.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charley?
Customer: No. He is just acting distracted, hyper vigilant Some tremors in his hindquarters. Otherwise seems ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. If the blue cheese was moldy with mycotoxins, it could be causing these clinical signs. You could have your vet send a sample to Michigan or California vet diagnostic labs and have them check for the presence of tremorgenic mycotoxins. ​As Charley's symptoms seem fairly mild, I would hope that they would beself-limiting, but if you are very concerned, it is never wrong to have your pet evaluated by an emergency veterinarian to err on the side of caution. Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions- Dr. C