Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I'm pretty sure that my dog has eaten three sticks of butter

Customer Question

Hi. I'm pretty sure that my dog has eaten three sticks of butter with the wrapper since I have seen no trace of them anywhere. I was preparing to bake cookies today and have never had an issue with him taking butter off the counter so I didn't think anything of it. I asked my husband and our roommate if the butter was moved somewhere but they both said they haven't seen it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he'll be 4 in october.
JA: How old is Magnus?
Customer: 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Magnus?
Customer: He's a very large chocolate lab.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for Magnus. I do have a few additional questions to ask about him first if you don't mind:

Can you tell me how long ago he ate the butter? ...or probably ate it?

How much does he weigh?

There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb