Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My dog is only 2 years old and I'm not sure of her story,

Customer Question

Hi, my dog is only 2 years old and I'm not sure of her history, however, I'm noticing her eyes have some type of white circular dots in each eye, my vet states it's calcium buildup or something. Is there something I can give her to help? And is she able to see with those dots?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Izzy. Dogs can have mineral or lipid deposits happen on the inside of the corneas. Sometimes these can happen due to issues with the body in general. Running blood work to see if there are any other irregularities can be done. Most of the time these deposits don't have any identifiable cause for them. Once they have formed, they are there and nothing can really be done to get them to go away. Sometimes white areas can be from healed cornel ulcers. What would be hoped is that she's comfortable with the situation. IF she was to start to squint, hold her eyes shut, have redness or general cloudiness, then could something be changing that is more serious. She can see with those dots there. It would be like drops of mud on a pair of glasses. You learn to look past them.