Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog won't stop moving she keeps running around in the

Customer Question

My dog won't stop moving she keeps running around in the same spot she has been doing this for hours she I panting and won't drink any water she won't even stop to be pet and she is normally loves to cuddle
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

Is there a chance she ingested an "upper" in the form of a prescription or recreational drug, a rodenticide containing bromethalin, a snail bait containing metaldehyde, or other chemical? Does she have a history of seizure disorder? Which breed and how old is she, please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is definitely no chance of ingesting uppers or any chemicals. She has had a seizure in the past but it was caused by the perimeter collar her old owners had for her. She is a miniature pinscher and I'm guessing about a year old

Thank you. Her history of seizure can't be discounted out of hand. She may currently be in status epilepticus - the state in which her brain remains agitated until she's heavily sedated or anesthetized. Regardless of the cause of her agitation, she needs to be sedated at this time lest she exhausts herself and/or suffers heat prostration. Please have her attended to by an on-call vet at your earliest convenience.

Please continue our conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?