Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I think my 70 lb Boxer may have eaten 15 1.5 dexamethasone

Customer Question

I think my 70 lb Boxer may have eaten 15 1.5 dexamethasone pills ysterday
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: DK
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dak?
Customer: He was acting as if he hurt himself.....took to vet and was diagnosed as possible back twist,,,,have Rimidal for pain. The dexamethasone was prescribed for another Boxer..I didn'r notice the pills in a paper envelope were missing until today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

What signs was he showing then?

How is he now?

Any belly pain, black stools, vomiting, or paling of his gums?

Is he drinking more or passing watery urine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HE WAS HUNCHED and lookinf for a place to hide...he began to tremble which stopped by the time we got to the vets, but was shoeing typical signs of pain distress...today he is very lethargic compared to his normal self.
When I reached for the dez just before for the other dog It was missing....cannot find. Last time I saw that enveloped was when I admonistered the dosage for the dog it wa intended for just befor DK began acting up
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Which ever is quickest
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All normal
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I cannot provide a phone service today, so it would be best to continue as we are.

Do you mean he has no increased thirst, urination, or any of those other signs?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That is correct
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
CAN'T BE SURE he ate it, but I cannot fine it and they do steal off the counter
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
typing in a hurry..sorry about spelling
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

That is great news, actually.

If he does't have those signs then he didn't eat them. The GI signs are the major worry if he had but a large dose of steroids like that would have made him very, very thirsty and would have likely caused such watery urine that he would have been having accidents. So, you do need to have a good hunt around for them but without those signs, we wouldn't assume he had any dexamethasone.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

How is everything with your wee one?

Dr. B.