Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

It seems my dog has ate almost a half of dog toy(made from

Customer Question

Hi,it seems my dog has ate almost a half of dog toy(made from rubber stuff) and does not look healthy.Please give me advise.Thank you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

How long ago did she eat the toy?

What doesn't look healthy? What signs are you seeing?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She ate a toy last night.
She is not getting up.She kept water down but does not move around.She just sleeps.she screemed when I touched her stomach this morning but now she is totally still.Her gums are pink.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Oh dear,

I am very sorry to hear that Roxie has screamed when you palpated her belly. With that very serious sign, we'd be very worried of blockage and even damage to the intestines. Therefore, this is truly an emergency situation and she needs to be seen urgently. Her vet can start strong injectable pain relief right away and xray to see where the toy is and whether it needs to be removed to help her.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ or via

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )