Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have a 6 year old Doberman who on Thursday, was diagnosed

Customer Question

We have a 6 year old Doberman who on Thursday, was diagnosed with a UTI. He was prescribed with Rimadyl for pain and Enrofloxacin antibiotic. Our concern is that he is now continually pacing, won't eat, and won't drink. We have been giving him Gatorade with a large syringe and have pedialyte to give him. We tried giving him a dose of pyridium yesterday and that made sick to his stomach and he threw up. For a period of time, he appeared to feel better after having done that, and he would lay down for short periods through the night, but now, although he has urinated once early this morning outside, won't lay down, won't eat, and is continually pacing. He appears to be alert and but since having now had both meds, is starting to drool, which makes us fear that they are causing him nausea... Can you give us some insight, PLEASE...
JA: Yes, I was born in America.
Customer: Did you read my explanation of the dog
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Doberman?
Customer: My husband just now took him outside and he tried to urinate, but nothing came out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- What were the symptoms that he was showing when he first was seen by family veterinarian?

2- How much does he weigh?

3- How long has it been the last time he passed urine?

4- Did your vet do xrays or blood work?