Dani Rabwin
Dani Rabwin,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Broadway Pet Hospital

Our 18th month old mareema has the film of her eyes red and

Customer Question

our 18th month old mareema has the film of her eyes red and covering the whole eye
and then it goes back to normal she is closing her eyes and and is uncomfortable
this appeared this morning it looks like the third eye is a blue film
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with your pet. Is that a sheepdog you're talking about? We don't really see too many of those here and I just want to make sure I know what type of pet you have! I like to see pictures when talking about eyes - can you attach a photo of the eyes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
cant send photos wont work
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it may have gone thru she is a home dog not a working dog and and the breed is maremma Italian sheep dog

Yes it worked! That is very helpful thank you. The third eyelid seems to be way up over her eye. Generally when that happens it is because there is pain in the eye, or even a foreign body in the eye such a piece of plant material. If you have saline eye wash at home you can rinse the eye. Is your vet open now? Not sure what time it is where you are. I definitely suggest having the eye looked at.

Please let me know any additional questions or information you have and I'll be happy to answer. And please make sure to rate me when you're satisfied with the service you've received as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
unfortunately its sunday here no vet both her eyes are doing this so will try to wash them out with saline she has them closed most of the time

Ok good, wash them both with saline, and then take her in to the vet on Monday. She's probably painful with the eyelids up like that, so you'll want to have them looked at as soon as possible. I hope she does well!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dani Rabwin