Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

About an hour ago she started panting and quivering. It went

Customer Question

About an hour ago she started panting and quivering. It went on for 15-20 minutes, then subsided. Since then she has quivered off and on and panted off and on. She wanted to go outside, and we've done that a couple of times.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: Quivering is a sometime thing with her, but the panting is quite unusual. She doesn't seem to be in distress, but she is staying very close to me.
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She doesn't seem to hurt anywhere.
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jorja. She's nearly 6.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jorja?
Customer: No, she's a very low-maintenance dog and a sweet personality, though very strong-willed, like all Shibas:)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 9 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Jorja. I love those strong willed Shibas! Did anything happen that you know of before the panting and quivering started? Any vomiting, diarrhea, new food, or anything else unusual? Some places have neighbors setting off early 4th of July firecrackers - is that an issue near you? That can certainly be stressful for some pets.

Please let me know any additional information you have and I'll be happy to offer some suggestions.

I'm going to be going to sleep so I'll opt out so you can get help from another expert.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

JACustomer, are you still needing help?