Dani Rabwin
Dani Rabwin,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Broadway Pet Hospital
94504053

My dog is 5 years old terraria mixed has been losing leg

Customer Question

my dog is 5 years old terraria mixed has been losing leg musle in back legs, sleeping and laying around. drinks water and eat very small amount of food.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: eskie, don't have money for a vet. have 5 other dogs all outside but no problems
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Esaki?
Customer: small amount of blood and musus in his poop
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 11 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Eskie. How long has he had these symptoms? Is there any vomiting?

With the blood and mucus in the stool, I recommend trying to encourage him to eat cooked chicken and white rice. I also recommend you try and get Fortiflora, which is an over the counter canine probiotic. It sometimes helps encourage dogs to eat, and it can help with the blood and mucus in the poop.

The muscle loss and lethargy in addition to the decreased appetite is a concern for something more serious going on. Is there any way you can get him in to a vet?

Please let me know any additional information or questions you have. And please make sure to rate me when you're satisfied with the service you've received as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. Thanks!

Hi Betty,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dani Rabwin