Rebekah Kane
Rebekah Kane, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  small animal veterinarian
94503255

I suspect my dog swallowed my lower denture. My dog is a

Customer Question

I suspect my dog swallowed my lower denture. My dog is a Maltipoo between 1-20 lbs. What should I do. It has been almost 24 hours.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bailey she is 10 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bailey?
Customer: the only other thing is she is diabetic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Has Bailey been behaving normally- in particular- has she had a normal appetite with no vomiting?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she hasn't been vomiting.

Is her appetite and energy level normal?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
not sure about her appetite since we have an even smaller maltipoo. Energy level is the same. .
After searching the house over I thought I would feel of their stomachs and I feel what I think are the dentures in Bailey's stomach

If you are pretty certain that Bailey ate the denture, I would be concerned about it getting stuck in her digestive tract, and causing an obstruction. For a dog of her small size- this will not likely pass out on its own, if she has eaten it. I recommend taking her to a veterinarian as soon as you can to check her abdomen, and possibly take an x-ray. Has this helped?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I feel something towards the front part of her stomach

OK, I would definitely get her checked out then! Good luck, I hope little Bailey gets the help she needs- she is lucky to have you looking out for her! Please provide a rating when you have a moment.