Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog licked bug stop. He is a year old German shepherd

Customer Question

Hi my dog licked bug stop. He is a year old German shepherd he's been throwing up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rex
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rex?
Customer: I have him outside and he has been eating grass
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

What was the active ingredient?

How much did he have?

How long ago?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
About and hour and half. He had a few licks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Active ingredient. Lambda- cyhalotrid
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you,

Good news, in small doses like this we would only expect stomach upset as you are seeing. Therefore, our aim here would be to settle his stomach. To do so, you can start Rex on am OTC antacid like Pepcid (0.25 mg per kilogram) or Zantac ( 2mg per kilogram of his weight). Once he is more settled, we can follow this with a light diet ( ie rice with boiled chicken or cottage cheese) for the next 24 hours. Of course if his nausea is too severe for these, we can alternatively have his vet use an injectable anti-nausea treatment if needed.

Best wishes,

Dr. B

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear. :)

Take care,

Dr. B

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is doing good! Back to normal
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Glad to hear all is well. :)

Have a great day,

Dr. B.

***Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )