Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

She ate some lactase tablets, Her name is Solimar, she's an

Customer Question

she ate some lactase tablets
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** an 8-year-old beagle who will eat anything she can reach.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Shalimar?
Customer: She's being treated for immune-mediated hemolytic anemia which she had in January. She is still taking some immunosuppressants.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

While that is a dangerous hobby she has, the Lactase tablets are no risk. As long as they don't have xylitol (an artificial sugar that can be used in some tablets), we'd expect no harm. If anything she may just have a bit of stomach upset here. Therefore, we would just to plan to keep an eye on her and if her appetite wanes we can plan to put her on a light diet. Examples you can use are cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, or meat baby food (as long as its garlic/onion free). As long as improvement is being seen, I usually advise that the diet be continued until the upset settles then we can slowly wean her back to their normal diet.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )