Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate soured horse feed and now is panting, has tail

Customer Question

My dog ate soured horse feed and now is panting, has tail tucked between legs and shaking. This started about 15 minutes ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tippy and she is 1 year old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tippy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 11 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Tippy. What was the horse feed that she ate? Did you say it was soured? Has there been any vomiting? How long ago did she eat the horse feed? Have there been any other changes? Please let me know any additional information you have and I'll be able to offer some suggestions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was horse treats in cubes. My husband is looking for bag. It is called apple wafers byMannaPro, nurturing life. She is hid under our truck and panting really bad
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Don't call me. Will type
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try to get tippy. Please hold my ,husband has the phone. Do not hang up

I don' worry about anything toxic in those treats, but if she ate a large amount then she can get an upset stomach, or she can get food bloat where the stomach swells because of the large amount of food and grain. If you are able to get her, please let me know if he stomach seems bloated.

Do you have any Pepcid AC (or generic Famotidine) in the house? If so, you can give her Pepcid which is an antacid to settle her stomach.

Do you have any Pepcid AC (or generic Famotidine) in the house? If so, you can give her Pepcid which is an antacid to settle her stomach

I'm sorry I'm not able to accept a phone call at this time. We can open it up for another expert so you can get help. I'll opt out so another expert can answer your phone call.

Did you ever get vet on the phone? If not I'm happy to continue helping you online, I just can't do a call tonight I'm sorry.